The last few months have been challenging for our community and our team is more than ready to get back to serving our patients in office. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
As always, we set our infection control standards to go above and beyond what is required of us. We will continue to provide a clean and safe environment as we transition back into the office.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment;
- Screening: Prior to your appointment, you will be receiving communication from our office with a Covid-19 related screening questionnaire. Please read through the questions carefully, and inform us before arriving at our office if you answer “yes” to any of the pre-screening questions.
- Virtual Welcome: For the immediate future, we will be employing a virtual interaction with our front office. When you arrive for your appointment we ask that you first call us before entering the office. We will welcome you, and answer any questions before you enter which allows us to walk you straight back to your treatment room when you arrive.
- Arrival Screening: When you enter the office, we will offer you hand sanitizer upon entering. You will be asked to confirm all questions on the Covid-19 screening questionnaire are still “no” answers. We will also use a digital thermometer to check your temperature. If any question on the questionnaire is a “yes” or if you are found to have a temperature higher than 100.4 degrees, we will be required to reschedule your appointment after an appropriate amount of time to insure the safety of all our patients and our team. Our team is undergoing the same screening to ensure that we are doing all we can to keep germs out of the office.
- Enhanced Cleaning Protocols: All commonly touched surfaces will be disinfected continually throughout the day to ensure your safety. We are also extending appointments to allow us to properly change extra personal protective equipment we will be required to wear.
- Clean Air: We have purchased Surgically Clean Air medical grade HEPPA filters to keep the air in our offices healthy and clean. These units will purify the air every 30 minutes through a six stage filtration and sterilization system.
All of these changes add time to our appointments and minimize the amount of people we can have in the office at once. We also understand the importance of rescheduling missed appointments. We have extended our hours May 11th until May 29th to allow us to balance both these needs.
The systems we’ve implemented for everyone’s safety are new to us, and I’m sure we will have some speed bumps as we begin using them. In the spirit of constant and never ending improvement, we welcome any feedback you may have to improve our protocols. Our focus is to do everything we can to take great care and accommodate you.