Top 5 Reasons You Should See An Implant Dentist
Seeing an implant dentist is a smart move. It is the one thing that you often don’t think about, but it can help you improve your oral health. Through implants, we can fix virtually any issue from missing teeth to the worst-case scenario of tooth loss. If you are having trouble chewing or swallowing, if your teeth are loose, or if your bite is off, see an implant dentist for help. If you have one or more missing teeth, dental implants can be used to replace them and restore your smile. Implants are a permanent solution that can help improve your appearance and restore your ability to chew and speak properly.
- To preserve jawbone density: When you lose a tooth, the bone in your jaw can start to deteriorate. Dental implants can help preserve the density of your jawbone by providing the same type of stimulation that natural teeth do.
- To support dentures: If you have dentures, dental implants can be used to secure them in place, making them more stable and comfortable. This can help improve your ability to chew and speak properly and increase your confidence when eating and interacting with others.
- To improve oral health: Dental implants do not require any special care beyond brushing and flossing, which can help improve overall oral health. They also do not affect adjacent teeth.
- To increase self-esteem: Missing teeth can make you self-conscious about your appearance, affecting your self-esteem and confidence. An implant dentist can help restore your smile and improve your self-image.
- To save money in the long run: While dental implants may initially be more expensive than other tooth replacement options, they can save you money in the long run. Because they are a permanent solution, you won’t have to pay for ongoing replacement or maintenance like you would with other options.
Frequently Asked Questions to Implant Dentists
How much do implants cost?
Implant surgery is an elective procedure that requires careful planning and a trained surgeon. The dental implants cost depends on many factors, including the specifics of your medical history, what type of implant material you choose, and how much time you are willing to wait for recovery.
What is the success rate of dental implants?
The success rate of dental implants is very high. It is one of the highest of all dental procedures. The average success rate for dental implants is over 95%. This means that only a small percentage of people who get dental implants will have them fail. Many factors contribute to the success or failure of dental implants.
How Long is Dental Implant Recovery?
Dental implant recovery is a long-term process that can take months or years to complete. During this time, you’ll need to make sure you follow all of your doctor’s recommendations and plan. After removal of the bone graft and bone graft substitute, usually between two and four weeks, your new tooth will begin to appear.
After successful dental implant surgery, it is crucial to follow your dentist’s instructions for proper healing and recovery. At Wynkoop Dentistry in Denver, CO, we recommend that patients take it easy for the first few days and avoid strenuous activity. There may be some discomfort and swelling around the implant site, but this can be controlled with over-the-counter pain medication.